Time-on-Task: 112 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
This course should enable an individual to be able to sit for and pass the Oracle Java Certification - Associate level.
- Solve simple problems using the fundamental syntax and semantics of the Java programming language
- Examine elementary techniques in Java programming
- Write Java programs that use selection
- Write Java programs that use loops: while, do while, for
- Write Java programs that make use of methods for transfer of control
- Write Java programs that use arrays
- Examine object-oriented programming using objects and classes
- Illustrate object-oriented programming including immutable classes and immutable objects
- Write Java programs that use inheritance and polymorphism
- Extend error handling techniques by adding exception handlers to Java programs
- Design generic classes and interfaces to improve code reusability
- Use the Java Collections Framework in a Java program
- Distinguish between the Java platforms and describe the basic characteristics of Java integration technologies
- Describe the basic characteristics, use, benefits, and drawbacks of Java's server-side technologies and application tiers
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.