Time-on-Task: 41 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
The Health Insurance II course is one of five courses comprising the Patient Access Specialist certification program. Students will be introduced to medical billing and the claims submission process. Students will also learn about insurance claim preparation and transmission as well as the various types of insurance available, depending on the patient’s individual profile. In addition, the course will review the various types of health care billing and provide students with an in-depth understanding of Medicare and Medicaid billing.
- Identify the correct information needed to prepare and transmit accurate, complete health care claims
- Explain the rules for eligibility and claims processing for Medicare plans
- Explain the rules for eligibility and claims processing for Medicaid plans
- Describe the background and billing and reimbursement process for Tricare, workers' compensation, disability, and Blue Cross
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.