The 80 hour precepted Nurse Refresher Clinical is a requirement of the Nurse Refresher Program. The clinical practicum should be performed within four weeks of completion of the online modules but no later than 6 months of the temporary license issuance. Participants must provide their own transportation to and from clinical sites. A grade of 80% or higher is required to pass the clinical portion of the class. Successful completion of both parts of the class are required to pass the class.
Prerequisites to register are
- Completed and approved Nurse Refresher Program application
- Successful completion of the Online Nurse Refresher Theory class no earlier than six months prior
- Active or lapsed NM nursing license, or be eligible for endorsement or temporary licensure in NM
- Completed Nurse Refresher Clinical Compliance Packet which includes the following:
- Record of up-to-date vaccinations
- Evidence of good physical and psychological health, per recent physical exam
- Current Healthcare Provider LIfe Support (CPR) certificate and other documentation of training that includes, but is not limited to HIPAA and Bloodborne pathogen training
- Urine drug screening
- State and federal felony caregivers criminal history background check with fingerprints*
*Participants with a disqualifying felony conviction can appeal some of those convictions through the New Mexico Department of Health. Depending on the program, students may or may not be allowed to remain in the program, pending appeal. Participants who do not successfully appeal a disqualifying conviction will not be allowed to start or remain in this course and will not receive a refund. A successful appeal does not guarantee eligibility for licensure after graduation in professions that require licensure.