Are you interested in collaborating with your peers from around New Mexico and the four corners? Would you like to attend a conference that is hosted and presented by local colleagues, focused on our unique needs and challenges, yet also representing the highest standards in educational quality and innovative teaching practices? If so, we invite you to join CNM faculty for a day of professional development in an atmosphere of collegiality, sharing, and teaching excellence.
The purpose of the conference is to provide high quality, relevant professional development in teaching and learning to faculty at 2-year institutions of higher education. Conference sessions will promote the best classroom practices that result in optimal outcomes for our students. The conference will enable the regional community of two-year higher education faculty to build faculty collegiality in a professional environment and to create networking and partnership opportunities among the represented schools.
This year’s thematic focus, 20/20 Vision: Evidence in Focus, reflects community college faculty interests in supporting our students with teaching methods that are tested and proven effective for adult learners at the Community College.
The Conference day will include:
- Keynote addresses by Stephen Chew and Aaron Richmond, both nationally-recognized speakers on evidence-based teaching practices
- Continental breakfast and refreshments throughout the day
- Choice of three lunch delicious options
- Great door prizes, including art, books, free registration passes to the 2021 CNM Conference on Teaching and Learning
- Multiple concurrent sessions addressing evidence-based teaching practices and a variety of topics in teaching and learning, including student engagement, online learning, diversity & equity, using technology, and student accommodations. The presenters come from CNM and several other institutions across New Mexico, with about 1/3 of the sessions presented by faculty and staff from outside of CNM. As much as the venue allows, sessions will model an educational culture and philosophy promoting small group, workshop-style sessions.
- Resource Tables that highlight exciting classroom or program initiatives
The conference will be held on Friday, January 10, 2020 at the Albuquerque Marriott
in Albuquerque, NM.
Book your room at the conference hotel
at the special conference rate.
Complete information about the CNM Conference on Teaching and Learning is available at the conference web site: https://www.cnm.edu/depts/ctl/conference-2020
If you have any questions regarding registration for the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org